Food and Pottery are a natural combination. Food grown on a neighborhood farm served on a platter handcrafted by a local artisan… what could be better?
Join me this weekend at Powisset Farm from 10AM to 3PM on Saturday, November 9th. The farm stand will have pork – smoked and not, fresh eggs from Moosehill Farm in Sharon, loads of veggies pulled fresh from the fields at Powisset Farm, pottery by local clay artisans Lisa WB Walker and Hogwild Pottery, photos of the farm crafted into cards, and so much more…
Here’s how great food and handmade pottery work together…
Ingredients *modified from original recipe:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup pureed butternut squash or pumpkin
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tsp canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 350. Spray your 9 x 5 loaf pan with buttered flavored spray
- In a mixing bowl, like this one featured above (holds 12 cups!), whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt.
- Using an egg separator (see below) add 4 egg whites to squash, sour cream and oil in an other bowl.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir to create a thick batter. Scrape mixture into loaf pan and slide into the middle rack of the oven. Bake for one hour.
- When cool, serve on an oblong plate such as this one:
- Serve bread with a fresh brewed cup of coffee or hot tea in a handmade mug:
Come enjoy all the Farm has to offer this Saturday!